Thursday, March 1, 2012

Farmgirl Gratitude - Gratitude Journal Day #1

Yeah, I'll never be good at blogging, I think I've accepted that.

I DO have a ton of pictures of food I've made so far this year, eventually they'll get posted, maybe.

I recently joined the "Farmgirl Sisterhood", thanks to my mom. It's a gathering place for women who are farmgirls at heart. While I'm not sure if I could have an actual farm, I do love the idea of having a lovely, sprawling yard with a garden and herbs. Maybe a fountain, a gazebo...and of course, my beautiful sun room retreat.

Even if I'm not exactly a farm girl, I am a nature girl and that's close enough.

One of the things they do are merit badges.

I never had the chance to be a GirlScout, but I always thought it sounded fun. This is like a second chance to do awesome stuff and get badges I can look at and say, "YES, I accomplished this!"

So for my first badge, I'll be keeping a Gratitude Journal. Every day I will post something I am grateful for in my life, never repeating the same thing twice.

I told myself this year I would work on healing and a large part of that is seeing the positive and holding it close.

So here goes, I hope I can keep up with this!

GRATITUDE JOURNAL - DAY 1

I am thankful for my wonderfully supportive boyfriend. I'm self employed and work from home, so sometimes I feel like I'm a burden, especially when the dishes pile up or the living room is a mess. I'm also very emotionally unpredictable and sometimes I explode irrationally. He doesn't yell, he doesn't scold, he just lets me rant and rave until I am finished. Then we hug and he asks me to try and explain what is wrong.

He has helped me, just by being himself, in getting back to the sort of person I was before my life took a downward turn for a few years. My life is better for him being in it and I will be forever grateful I had the chance to meet someone so fantastic :)

(I promise myself I will not make super gushy "mwah mwah" posts everyday for what I am grateful for. Do you hear me self? None of those shenanigans!)

~Ari

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Layout base by Yummy Lolly
Header Image By AaronMizuno @ DeviantArt