Sunday, January 1, 2012

So about that blogging thing

I'm not sure what about blogging is so ridiculous. I remember feeling pumped and motivated to fill this blog with tons of crafty, foody, happy things and then...nothing.

2011 was a particularly difficult year for both me and my family. It was like the perfect storm of emotional bad. Between my Grandma taking a downward spiral and old emotional scars rearing their ugly(angry, bitter and resentful) heads, I suspect I might have done with in a cave somewhere.

Personal hygiene would become an issue though, so the cave idea was out.

2011 taught me a lot about myself, how I really feel about some things and about people. Unfortunately, most of it was not exactly rainbows and kittens.

I'm still dealing with controlling my anxiety, anger and resentment/disappointment(both at myself and at other people) issues, which is why I came back to this blog.

This year I want to work on healing and moving past issues that have held me down for so long. 2011 didn't hold much in the way of personal projects (or time for that matter). It was all work work work. I'm fairly certain this lack of down time was kind of like feeding sugar to yeast.

What does that mean? At the least, weekly postings. Specifically documenting what it is I'm making and cooking. Where I am vacationing, etc. Essentially, a diary of the good times. That way when I start getting weighed down by my personal demons, I have somewhere to look back and see what I had to say about life at a happier time.

Here is hoping that I can actually accomplish it this year.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Layout base by Yummy Lolly
Header Image By AaronMizuno @ DeviantArt